At the beginning of 2021, we came together to begin building WEBB Squared “Wealth through Entrepreneurship for Black Business” as a way to help close the racial wealth gap and help Black entrepreneurs in rural North Carolina.
Your sponsorship, support, partnership and friendship – as we organize in the efforts to bring abundance and wealth to Black entrepreneurs and Black business in North Carolina – ensures the success of our mission and vision.
Highlights from 2021 include:
- Stephanie Terry was named Executive Director & Rinnie Orr was named Associate Director.
- We hired Mashallah Salaam, of Afro Future Productions (a Black woman owned video production company), as Media and Production Specialist.
- We procured office space at The Plant in Pittsboro and published our website.
- WEBB Squared applied for our 501c3 non-profit status.
- We launched our podcast – The Remedy – in August 2021.
- We also hosted a launch event on October 23, celebrating the formation of the nonprofit and the work we are doing with entrepreneurs.
- We solidified our partnership with many local organizations and businesses including Chatham Organizing for Racial Equity, Abundance North Carolina, and Slow Money NC.
Moving forward into 2022:
- We are developing our program curriculum and fine-tuning the coaching and mentoring services we plan to provide our entrepreneurs.
- We have onboarded 19 Black entrepreneurs into the program, assisting in the growth and success of 17 Black businesses.
We are grateful for the support we have received this past year and celebrate in particular:
Our Angel Supporters (10,000+):
Timmy Allsopp, Frank Phoenix, Ellen Rubenstein
Our Supporters (1000+):
Sholeh Dadressan, Dave Gold, Ami Israel, Tami Schwerin, Levitate, The Plant
Friends of WEBB Squared (500+):
Sally Bond, Duane Gilbert, Maria Mauceri, James O’Mara, Janice Valder, Black Trident Ventures LLC