In recent years, many companies and governments across the country have started including diversity and equity goals in their strategic plans. But for CEOs and managers to be effective leaders in improving our communities’ racial equity and inclusiveness requires an understanding of historic, systemic racism and a commitment to diversity, equity and inclusiveness in their operations.
WEBB Squared’s workplace training series, “DEI in the American Economy,” is designed to help leaders in government and the private sector look at the world in a different way, giving rise to new questions and new solutions.
The course is delivered in five distinct, 4-hour learning modules and can be customized for specific industries and markets:
1. Viewing the American Economy with a Race Equity Lens: Explores the history of inequity in economic development to offer insight into the economic circumstances of 2023.
2. Understanding the Racial Wealth Gap: An interactive workshop using games to help participants understand the great disparity in wealth by race and its impact on local economies.
3. Policies & Practices: A look at how current systems and assumptions perpetuate economic inequity – and practical ways, and reasons, to shift to more equity-based frameworks.
4. A New Vision for Prosperity: Through games and case studies, participants rethink narratives of scarcity and the zero-sum model of wealth and success.
5. Leveraging DEI for Organizational Excellence: Delves into ways in which DEI strategies and workplace cultures strong in diversity, inclusion and belonging generate increased organizational productivity and positively impact the bottom line.
Your support of WEBB Squared’s Workforce Equity Training Fund will give our local government and business communities the tools to find solutions that generate meaningful change, dismantle systemic racism and make our communities and our state better, more prosperous places to live.